TFR's Prompts #207 “I hate you.” “Why? I’m lovely.”



“I hate you.” she spat venomously watching as what remained of the birthday present she’d bought for herself swirled its way down the drain of the dirty kitchen sink. She had spent the day avoiding contact with the outside world, hoping to forget and be forgotten alike, but it was not to be. She had made it through two bottles of the strongly alcoholic liquid before her front door had burst open, the wood splintering and the hardware of the lock flying uselessly through the air to the dark recesses of the dusty room.


“Why? I’m lovely.” He smirked at her as he gathered up the empty bottles and tossed them with uncanny accuracy over his shoulder to the waiting receptacle without so much as a glance backward. His lighthearted smile didn’t meet his eyes as he stalked forward gathering her up in his arms in spite of her vigorous resistance.


“It’s my party and I’ll get drunk alone if I want to! Lemme go!” she fought in vain against his inhuman grip before finally going slack from exhaustion and inebriation. His unnaturally green eyes practically glowed in the light of the full moon that flowed through the dingy window as he half-glared at her.


“I’m afraid I can’t let you do that. We have a prior engagement and to miss it would be most unfortunate.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrong Number - Original Prompt

The Woodland King (Working Title) - Chapter One - The Hunt